Monday, June 8, 2009

Double Digits

If you would have told me a year ago that I would run ten miles-- ever-- I probably would have said you're nuts. But Saturday I took those ten miles in my stride (literally) and led our group, as a unit, to the double digit finish line.

"Cheeks" says she's going to buy me a bottle of Patron for after the race for being a good leader and keeping us on track. I was flattered to hear that I am filling the role well-- being new at this I am more than a little nervous about that.

But the run went smoothly-- albeit the end was very strenuous. I cannot imagine the twelve miles we're supposed to run next week, but I suppose it will be like this week. You just keep going.

Speaking of keeping going, after the run I went to the community garden again and planted some vegetables with the church. It makes me feel good to know that someone will soon receive the blessing of fresh nutrients.

After that I went to see a play, then dinner, and then I danced away the remainder of the night. I went to bed around 4 in the morning-- and I still couldn't sleep past 7 a.m.!

No comments:

Post a Comment