Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Character

My roommate Cindy used to fill the ice cube trays up every day because she hated doing it. She said that by doing something you hate on a consistent basis you build character. It's been ten years since she's told me that and I don't think I will ever forget it.

This is my ice cube tray. Even though I don't like running I'm coming to appreciate it. I am enjoying the sheer act of protracted will power. I'm paying for it too; all i can say is "ouch!" as I sit here lathered in Pain Buster II Cream guzzling down water in hopes that it will flush the impurities out. In a few minutes I will embark upon yet another Epsom Salt bath. I swear by these things-- although if you're going to try it I highly recommend adding some moisturizing bath beads. Otherwise your skin might get salt-puckered. Desert-like epidermis aside, the salt bath is like taking two muscle relaxers without any of the drugs (and impurities that I'm furiously flushing). It is second only to a massage.

On a completely different note, today Rachel (my friend and trainer and one-woman personal support system) told me that a lady had pointed me out and said "that girl really looks good." It made me feel like some of this pain is worth it. We'll see how I feel about that when I'm moanin' and groanin' tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment