Monday, May 11, 2009

5 Miles

Saturday morning I woke up approximately two hours after I went to sleep, drove to the city, and arrived on Chicago's beautiful lake shore path sharply at 7am. It was freezing again, but this time the pace group was there. It turns out, I am pace group leader-- a position that I take very seriously. I got to take up the front and keep the time.

It was an amazing run for so many different reasons. I got to watch the sun peek through the clouds as I fought against the wind. The cherry trees were in bloom and spilling over the path as I plodded past. The lake remained consistently tumultuous but constant as I just kept on running.

And I was tired, and I was overjoyed, and I was hungover, and I was flying high on cloud 17... And I was thinking-- this is all worth it. This moment is one of the finest moments that life has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment