Monday, May 25, 2009

7 Miles-- Solo

I missed the group run on Saturday. This occurred for a variety of reasons, the most truthful of which is that I wanted to linger in bed Saturday morning, and I had planned to miss the run so that I could do just that.

So this beautiful Memorial Day morning I woke up, had breakfast with my family, and then went out to run the seven miles I should have run on Saturday. I would have preferred if it were a pleasant experience, but to be honest I spent the greater part of it beating myself up over silly little things that don't really matter. This is a common pitfall of going out and "letting off steam." Sooner or later, it condenses.

The high that I normally get from running failed to materialize today. But instead I managed to gain some insight into myself of which I was previously unaware. I'm not sure what to do with that information, but like everything, I'm sure it will come to me.

I do not think I want to miss a group run again.

No comments:

Post a Comment