Sunday, May 17, 2009

6 Miles

I have been chomping at the bit all week-- completely geared for a challenge-- and so I was ecstatic to pour all that energy into a nice run. It was a long run, 6 miles (although in a few months I'm sure I will consider that a baby run), and now we are getting into the territory of energy gels. My entire pace group collectively ran out of calories to burn. So I'll be making a stop at the running company this week.

Despite being temporarily out of energy, after the run I went to the Chicago Community Garden with Gabbi and tilled some soil for the benefit of the low income families in Cabrini Green. My mother about had a heart attack when I told her I was there, and she is heavily protesting my plan to return next week. But sometimes you just feel the need to give back...

The rest of my day was spent in leisurely pursuits... a fabulous shopping trip in Wicker Park, a wonderful Jamaican BBQ with friends, and then an evening of partying in Andersonville. All this exercise has given me boundless energy-- with that being said, now I am off to cross train. Hiking anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment