Saturday, May 2, 2009

4 Mile Marker

530 am today I woke up, stuffed myself with fiber, and immediately realized that I forgot to bring my sports bra to the city with me. This begs the question, "where do you get a sports bra at 6 am in Lakeview?" Answer: Walgreens. As the morning bus rolled by I quickly donned my new $5 piece of equipment, hoping that I did not accidentally put on a free show. Then I ate a banana for good measure, and as I finished the last awful bite (I really don't like bananas), we reached the run site.

Today I realized that I overestimated the dedication of some of the others in my pace group. I was the only one in my group and Gabbi was the only one in her group. So we merged the group and ended up running exactly the average time of our two groups combined.

It was a nice four miles-- although it was cold this morning. My limbs felt really stiff because of the cold and I had anticipated a warmer temperature. To keep myself limber I went to the gym to do some strength training when I got back to Oswego and then I hand washed and detailed my car. I have this feeling I overdid it and will be crying tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment